$2,000 sign on Bonus (after successfully completing 90 days of employment)
We are looking for an experienced Lead Carpenter who brings the ability to produce and energy to manage our job sites and various trades people. We need an adaptable, personable, and proactive team leader to own this position. This is a ground floor opportunity for anyone looking to grow into a production position. If your past two supervisors’ rate you as an 9 or above, on a scale of 1-10, where 10 is excellent, we want to hear from you.
You will be responsible for the daily execution and management of on-site operations for our projects. You will be asked to lead our production on projects, directing field personnel and maintaining good communication in order to make sure the job is finished on time and within budget. You will also demonstrate leadership skills and will maintain a safe work environment.
- Manage day to day trade contractor scheduling and field oversight
- Assist team with project planning and developing site logistics
- Assist Foreman with schedule and oversight of in house self-performing crew
- Work closely with Pre-construction and Project Manager team to identify and solve problems
- Reading plans or instructions, finish carpentry, framing, hanging crown moldings, installing window/door casings and baseboards, installing fixtures and hardware.
- Using hand and power tools and checking the accuracy of completed work.
- Rough framing of walls, ceilings, and roof.
- Repair/replace patios, decks, doors, cabinets, appliances and necessary demolition to repair.
- Direct field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule
- Ensure project is completed on schedule, within budget and with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities
- Ensure proper signage is posted on the job site, and safety requirements are met
- Must have carpentry experience (5 + Years) and knowledge of remodeling
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Ability to read and understand Architectural plan sets (all disciplines)
- Technical understanding of residential and commercial construction including building codes, trade sequencing, and best building practices
- Ability to gather information, prepare reports and communicate
- Capable of problem solving and dealing and experience with complex detailed projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- $25 – $30 per hour
- Employer matching contribution retirement plan
- PTO (paid time off)
- Health Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Gym Membership
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance (various plans)
- 3 day weekends. Schedule is Monday Thursday, 7am 5:30pm (subject to change if required, but this is the standard day to day schedule).